Third Time's a Charm

Well I am about a third of the way finished with my third afghan this year.  I know I said I was finished with large projects after completing the Rowan Pure Wool Worsted Mystery Knit-a-long, but when the Rowan people mentioned Kaffe Fassett was designing the afghan for their next Knit-a-long, I knew I was in.  As with anything Kaffe designs, the color choices for this one are so beautiful.  Kaffe designed it with turquoise, reds, pastels, or browns as optional colorways.  My daughter loves all things blue, so I chose the turquoise colorway of course.   She fell in love with the last afghan I finished, so I knew I needed to knit her an afghan of her own.  It's really great to have kids that appreciate hand-knit items.  I've heard plenty of horror stories from knitters whose children are less than enthusiastic about hand-knit items, and I would have such a hard time if that were the case with my children.   To knit this afghan you make seven blocks of each color combination.  Here's what the first color combination looks like.  
I'm curious to see how this one turns out.  I'm just finishing block 28 of 63.

Comments

Popular Posts