Oh How I Miss Downton

Downton Abbey is such a wonderful show.  Since the new episodes don't come out until January in the United States, I am having to curb my craving for all things Downton by knitting a Downton hat, drinking Downton tea, and reading a book that inspired Downton.  The Downton Hat that I was knitting is finally finished.

I have been reading one of the books that inspired Downton Abbey, Below Stairs by Margaret Powell.  Last week while visiting the Biltmore Estate, I got to see one of Violet the Dowager Countess of Grantham's gowns on display.  They are gearing up for a big Dressing Downton exhibit that is coming in February.  I am so excited.  The Republic of Tea recently released their Downton Abbey limited edition teas.  My daughter loves raspberry tea, so this is one of her favorites.  


Comments

  1. You know I have never seen an episode from this show! I keep wanting to, but I always forget. I guess I am going to have to buy the seasons on Amazon and get caught up. Lots of great knits from it I have noticed though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts