Beaded beauties

Last spring I took a class to learn how to make knitted, beaded bracelets.  It was a lot of fun, and knitting beaded bracelets is a lot easier than it looks.  The hardest part is the set up of stringing the beads onto the yarn or embroidery floss that you decide to use.  After that initial step, it works up rather quickly.  I think the results are beautiful.  Here are my latest bead bracelet creations. This one was a special request from one of my daughter's friends.  She picked the colors when she was visiting our home recently.  I think it turned out nice.  She is tickled with her bracelet.  My daughter is also learning to knit these bracelets and is finishing one for another of her friends.



This one is a Laura Nelkin design called Mudra Cuff.  Normally I knit bracelets out of a certain DMC embroidery floss that seems to work well.  It is what the teacher of the beaded bracelet class, Mimi Keezer, recommended. However, this was a kit that included a wonderful thin yarn called Tough Love Sock from Sweet Georgia Yarns.  It is a Merino nylon blend that worked quite well.  It may be a little easier to work and is way softer on the hands.  I think it may stretch out more than the embroidery floss though, so it may not wear as well in the long run.  Only time will tell.  


Comments

Popular Posts