Metropolitan Knits

There was a sale on knitting books at Jo-Ann craft store so I picked up a new book, Metropolitan Knits by Melissa Wehrle. The cardigan on the cover is nice.  
I can't decide which pattern I will knit first.  It will probably be the Secret Garden Tank on page 133.  I really like the idea of knitted items for warmer days, since they surely must be around the corner.  There is beautiful detail on the back of the tank that fascinates me.  
The Magnolia Cafe Cardigan on page 65 looks so cozy.  I love the pop of color on the pocket linings and cables are always a lot of fun.  Using worsted weight yarn and a size US 9 needle should make this a fairly quick cardigan to knit.
I took a look at Melissa Wehrle's other designs on Ravelry.  She is a very talented designer.   I appreciate her modern yet somehow classically styled knitwear.

Comments

Popular Posts