Here an Alpaca, There an Alpaca

I went to the Southeastern Alpaca Association's 13th annual Southern Select Alpaca Show today.  Alpaca are so much smaller than I thought they would be.  Many are the size of a large dog, some were slightly larger and their coats are so thick and fluffy.  It's no wonder alpaca is such a luxurious fiber to knit and wear.
The animals were remarkably curious and were so good at posing for my camera.  This one was especially curious.  He kept sniffing us and moving his ears. He had a lot of personality. My son was a little worried since his name was Khan - like the bad guy in Star Trek, but we left unscathed.  I guess we didn't suffer the Wrath of Khan.
This one looks like a teddy bear - such a cutie!
Well some were a little camera shy.

Comments

Popular Posts