It's Like Butter

The yarn crawl is officially over.  It was a lot of fun visiting all the yarn shops.  If you make it to all the shops, you get a prize.  This year was the fourth annual East Tennessee Yarn Crawl.  You buy a passport to get stamped at all of the shops. At each shop you are entered into a drawing to win prizes, and if you visit all the shops, you are entered into a grand prize drawing. This is the third year I have crawled.  The first year, my prize for visiting all the shops was a little kit with beads to make a bracelet.  Last year, my prize was a kit for making socks.  Which by the way, my daughter loves. 

This year I feel like I won the yarn crawl lottery.  I won a Cascade Yarns bag with 10 skeins of 220 Superwash and a pattern for Woman's Waves of Ribs by Melissa Leapman.  That is 2,200 yards of wool.  This is one happy girl. I still haven't heard who the prize winners are from the other shops yet, but I love my prize for completing the crawl. The yarn is a beautiful pastel, buttery yellow.  It feels like my gold medal for completing the crawl. 
I may have to knit another sweater for Rhinebeck.  Hmm, any pattern suggestions?


 

Comments

Popular Posts