East Tennessee Yarn Crawl

I am a few weeks behind on the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl.  It is where you buy a passport and get it stamped at up to twelve different local yarn shops.  

You get to register for prize drawings at every shop and get a free knit or crochet pattern at every stop.  It started May 30, but I was at the beach.  Last week we were busy with vacation bible school at our church, so today I began my crawl.  It ends on June 22, so I need to hurry to finish.  I did get half of my stamps today and visited some wonderful yarn stores.  Of course, they had me at "yarn."  This is the second annual yarn crawl for East Tennessee, but this is my first year participating.  My first stop was my local yarn shop the Smoky Mountain Spinnery where I picked up my passport and tote bag.  I love how walking into this store is like coming home.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful yarn store so close to where I live.  My next stop on the yarn crawl was a unique and wonderful place called Mountain Hollow Farm in Tazewell.  It was my favorite of my stops today.  They had beautiful patterns and yarns, and delicious blended teas.  It was in the middle of nowhere but definitely worth the drive. It is truly a hidden gem. 


My next stop was in Rogersville at Sunny Side Yarns. The ladies at Sunny Side were very friendly.  I love the historic charm of Rogersville. The Carriage House was my next stop in Johnson City.  I love the eclectic blend of gifts and yarn in this store.
One of my favorite things about the yarn crawl or visiting any yarn shop, for that matter, is the shared bond of knitters.  Yarn is a nice shared language. Even the husbands, humoring their wives and going along for the ride of the yarn crawl, were kindred spirits.   No one was cranky, I think being surrounded by yarn just makes us all giddy.  My next stop was Sister-Sister Needle Cottage in Blountville.
I bumped in to my husband's aunt Jane and cousin Kristy at Sister-Sister.  Jane had mentioned they would be out crawling today, but I had no idea that I would actually run into them anywhere.  It was a nice yarn store with beautiful colored yarn and lots of great lighting to see everything.  My last stop today was a wonderful store called Yarntiques in Johnson City.  It reminded me of one of my favorite shops in Asheville called Yarn Paradise.  Yarntiques is a yarn shop in an old home.  I love the character of the home and yarn selection was nice.  I really enjoyed visiting their clearance section upstairs, too.  There were two little dogs running around that were adorable. 

Comments

  1. They have a yarn crawl around the denver area. It is supposed to be awesome. You and mom will have to come out for that one. I haven't made it down there yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts