Fairy Snowcap

For some reason I had always avoided mohair yarns. Okay, not for just any reason, but mainly because they can be difficult to rip back if you make a mistake.  As if ripping back wasn't difficult enough, I never thought having a yarn that made it more difficult would be a good thing for me. I mean knitting is supposed to be relaxing, right?  I decided to step out of my comfort zone, well actually my husband's aunt Jane decided to help me step out of my comfort zone.  She went to a LYS called Loopville which is located in Knoxville, Tenn., and purchased two skeins of yarn and two patterns for their hat of the month.  They have featured yarns and hat patterns all year long in their hat of the month knit a longs. The yarn she brought home to me was Kid Classic by Rowan.  It is an amazingly soft yarn that is 70% wool, 22% mohair, and 8% nylon. This yarn is wonderful to knit with and not too bad to rip back, believe me I had plenty of experience ripping back this yummy yarn.  So be brave knitters! Try something new, because as Robert Frost said, "Freedom lies in being bold."
The beautiful design is Fairy Snowcap by Rosemary (Romi) Hill. Mohair has a lovely halo effect to it and was perfect for this winter hat. I'm not usually a Pom Pom girl, but this hat may just need one. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts