What an Adventure!

Even though I was late to get started on the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl, I finished with days to spare. It officially ends on June 22, and I finished June 19.  At least I am ahead at something, since I am falling further behind with my Rowan Afghan Knit-a-long.  It was fun getting to see the local yarn shops of the area.  I could tell that each one had their own specialty.  I started the day at Clinch River Yarn Company in Clinton.  It was a wonderful yarn shop with a nice selection.  I purchased a book about weaving there.  My daughter went crawling with me and she found a nice blue project bag with sheep embroidered on it.
Our next stop was at Loopville in Knoxville.  I have visited Loopville many times.  I always enjoy visiting this yarn shop.  They have a nice selection of Noro yarn, one of my favorites. Then we were on to another Knoxville favorite, the Yarn Haven.  It is, as the name suggests, a true haven of yarn.  I love that they organize their yarn by gauge.  Other yarn shops should take a cue from them on this one.  It is pure genius. I didn't buy any yarn there today though, I did buy some more beads and clasps to make some more knitted bracelets.  They have an adorable greeter named Jasmine, a Boston Terrier rescue.

I traveled a little further south to Forget Me Knot Yarn Shop.   They had a nice selection of yarn.  My daughter selected a nice blue worsted weight yarn and some beautiful red knitting needles there.  She got to help make it into a ball - something she loves to do. She's using it to make a scarf for Grandpa - shhh it's a surprise.
My husband's aunt Jane had been telling me about a nice shop in Crossville, the Yarn Patch, for quite a while.  I finally got to see what the fuss is about.  It is a nice shop with the friendliest help.  I bought some hand painted chunky Alpaca yarn to knit a hat for my daughter - per her request and some fancy beige yarn by HiKoo called Tiara.
I had a little trouble finding the final stop on my 12 yarn crawl shop adventure.  For some reason I was looking for a barn, since the name of the shop is T's Yarn Barn in Cookeville.  It was a just a regular shop in a small plaza.  It was a nice shop with a lot of supplies for sock knitters. I think it is their specialty.  The owner of the shop said they have been open for almost a year.  She was very friendly.  She had some beautifully colorful yarn that was dyed with kool-aid.  It was not only gorgeous, but smelled like summertime for a kid - fruity Kool-aid.    I purchased some bamboo sock yarn that I couldn't resist.  It is by Bamboo Pop, and the color is Happy Birdie.

Comments

Popular Posts