East Tennessee Yarn Crawl

Early in the summer, my husband's aunt and I went on the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl.  Our yarn crawl is organized by a local yarn shop in Knoxville.  You purchase a passport to take around and get stamped at various yarn shops in East Tennessee.  At each yarn shop you get a free knitting pattern and get to enter your name into a drawing for prizes.  Additionally if you get all the stamps in your passport by visiting all the shops on the crawl you get entered into a grand prize drawing as well get a small prize just for completing the crawl.  I really enjoy the yarn crawl, because I get so much inspiration from seeing all the projects on display in all the shops.  I purchased yarn for several projects while on the crawl.  The first one I had to try was the Inspira Cowl with yarn I purchased at Yarntiques in Johnson City.
This was knitted with Classic Elite Yarns Liberty Wool.  You need two skeins of two different colorways, four skeins total.  Yarns that change colors are always a lot of fun.  They keep me knitting, because of the surprise of the color changes.  You never know what color is coming next.  I thought it was going to be greens and blues and really it was dominated by these earthy tones.   It was an easy and fun piece to knit. I think I'll make another one. 

Comments

Popular Posts