Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival.

Last weekend I had the privilege of attending the Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival in Townsend, Tennessee.  It is an event of the Townsend Artisan Guild.  It was a lot of fun.  Lots of artists were there spinning, weaving, knitting, and hooking rugs.  I saw a couple of antique sock knitting machines at work.  It's amazing that even though they showed lots of external signs of wear, the knitting they created was just as beautiful and even as a modern knitting machine would make.  Since my recent foray (and new found obsession) of including beads in my knitting, I purchased lots of Japanese seed beads from White Fox Beads at the festival.  No fiber festival is complete without animals.  There were Angora rabbits, Angora goats, sheep and llamas.  The goat on the right is named Pepper and had personality plus.  


After going to the Alpaca festival a few weeks ago, it surprised me how large llamas are in comparison to an alpaca.  I love their eyelashes - just adorable.

Comments

Popular Posts