Blush and Bashful

It seems I get on kicks with my knitting. Right now I'm on a hat knitting kick. My daughter was out shopping with me recently and asked me why I didn't have a pink hat. I thought that is a good question. My favorite colors are reds, pinks, and corals.  I found a gorgeous blush colored yarn by Blue Sky Fibers called Woolstok Worsted. The colorway is #1319 Quartz Crystal, and I guess that is a good description since it is exactly the color of rose quartz. I enjoy knitting cables and this is what I created to go with the beautiful blush yarn.
Every time I hear the word "blush" I help but think of Shelby, played by Julia Roberts, in Steel Magnolias. Her wedding colors were "blush and bashful." I'm excited to hear that the classic movie will be returning to theaters for its 30th anniversary this May.  Mark your calendars girls for the weekend of May 19. I'll get my tissues ready because no matter how many times I watch that film I cry. Of course I laugh so much along the way, it's totally worth it.
Here's the side and back view of the hat.  The pattern is available on Ravelry as Laurel Falls Hat.

Comments

Popular Posts