For the Birds

A while back Aunt Jane was working on a beautiful colorwork hat with the outline of birds on it.  It is an incredible design called Passerine Hat by Erica Heusser.  So I decided to give it a try too.  Colorwork is always addictive to knit, because I love watching the pattern emerge.  It is still a work in progress, but I am loving the results. 
You can see the birds' tails and branches emerging.  I chose to knit it out of Smooshy with Cashmere by Dream in Color which is a blend of merino, cashmere and nylon.  Yes, I said cashmere.  It is so yummy. It is in the beautiful colorway Forget Me (#607).  The contrast yarn is Unicorn Tails by Madelintosh in the colorway Dirty Panther.  It is a great way to add a splash of color since they are 100% merino wool mini hanks with 52 yards.

 

Comments

Popular Posts