Yarn crawling and dreaming of Rhinebeck

Every serious knitter dreams of going to Rhinebeck at least once.  Well, this year is the year for me.  I have my flight booked and my hotel reserved, now to knit a Rhinebeck-worthy sweater.  This week is the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl.  There are nine shops on the crawl this year, including two new ones to the crawl, Hook & Needle in Maryville and Atomic Fibers in Oak Ridge. The other day I picked up a Berrocco design book that included several sweaters that caught my eye.  After much debate, I have settled on knitting Chaparral by Amy Miller. It calls for Berroco Ultra Alpaca.  However, I have chosen Juniper Moon's Moonshine, a blend of merino wool, alpaca, and silk.  I picked it up at Hook & Needle.  Let me tell you, it is a dream to knit.

Chaparral has an unusual construction.  It is fascinating.


 

Comments

Popular Posts