Colorwork on toothpicks

Six years ago, I fell in love with a pair of mittens designed by Adrian Bazilla called "Norwegian Snail Mittens."  I know right?  These mittens feature snails on them and are knit with US size 1 dpns, aka toothpicks. What was I thinking?  They were featured in Clara Parke's "The Knitter's Book of Yarn."  They are beautiful.  Well, at least the ones I've seen finished on Ravelry are.  Mine, however, are in the eternal state of hibernation.  It's not a really fun state. There are no great landmarks or theme parks in the state of hibernation, just a whole lot of regret, until recently.

While I was on the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl, another pair of colorwork mittens caught my eye.   Sandi Wisehart's "Spring Has Sprung Mittens" are beautiful.  I bought them as a kit at Mountain Hollow Farm.  The yarns are gorgeous shades of charcoal gray and coral pink. This pair of mittens is not knit with US size 1 dpns. Oh no, they are knit with US size 0 dpns.  Again, what was I thinking?       
 
I must have been in some kind of altered euphoric state from visiting so many yarn stores in one day that I thought this would be a great idea. If you've ever been on a yarn crawl before, you know how it feels.  However, I am so proud to say that these mittens are not in the eternal state of hibernation but are in the finished objects state. They were so much fun to knit that I may even dig out the snail mittens to finish. Then again, maybe not.

Comments

Popular Posts