East Tennessee Yarn Crawl Time

It's that time of year again.  It's time for the East Tennessee Yarn Crawl.  If you've never done the yarn crawl in East Tennessee, it's as easy as purchasing a Passport for $10 from any of the participating yarn shops.  The crawl goes from June 22 - July 7.  The way it works is you take your passport to the participating shops and get it stamped.  While there you get a free pattern either a crochet or a knit one, it's up to you. You register for prize drawings and check out what the stores have to offer.  I usually go on the crawl with my mother, my daughter and my husband's aunt.  We have such a fun time.  I don't know what is more fun, driving and talking or being surrounded by all that yarn in the shops. It's a blast. For more information, check out their website at www.easttnyarncrawl.com.

What's on the needles

Currently I'm working on Lucente by Kennita Tuly. I chose to do the Atlanta version, it's the knit version of the same pattern.  The Lucente is actually the purl version.  I'm using the lovely yarn by Tahki Yarns called Tandem.  The colorway I chose is a beautiful blend of blues, purples and pink called Iris Garden #009.   
The stitch pattern shows off this yarn beautifully. It's an easy mindless knit.  I started knitting this at the beach.  

One of our favorite beaches to visit is Garden City Beach, South Carolina. It's a nice family beach with lots of beautiful beach houses. Normally, I love to take an early morning run down the beach before most of our gang even gets out of bed.  This year was a little different. About a week before our trip I was diagnosed with a stress fracture in two of the bones of my foot.  So needless to say, running was out of the question. I made the most of it, because being at the beach in a walking cast is better than being at home doing laundry any day.  

  

Comments

Popular Posts